Monday, December 6, 2010

Planning a trip to New York City

Recently a classmate from my high school posted on Facebook that he was in New York.  I've never been to NY so I decided I should make a trip. 

I checked my calendar and February was free. Presidents Day weekend to be exact.

My friend Jennifer lives in Richmond, VA, a mere hop skip and a jump away from NY. She said if she could find a way to pay for it and get her friend Danielle to join her she'd meet me there. I also have two online friends who live in New Jersey.  They said they'd meet me too. 

I decided I should research my destination.  Weather:  Lows in the 20's highs in the 30's. 

I live in N. California. 30's is not at all okay for my body.  I'm going to need to buy a heavy down jacket that reaches my kankels. 

I asked my New Jersey friends where I should stay.  Brooklyn? Manhattan? 
One says "Manhattan to be close to everything, Brooklyn if you are looking for cheaper and want to experience the subway system."  I don't mind using the subway system, but how long am I going to be on that subway? 

Airfare isn't too bad from SFO to JFK. I found a cheap flight thru Virgin Atlantic. 

Where to stay? 

So much to do and plan.  Stay tuned.

No comments: