Monday, June 8, 2009

Oakland Zoo

This weekend Todd and I took the girls to the Oakland Zoo. It had been a few years since I'd been there, but the kids had gone a couple years ago. They have a new children's section which I really liked. For the most part the zoo hasn't changed but I have to say it's still a great place to take the kids.


This is a Sun Bear. He was rolling around in the grass.



Two types of camels. Todd shot this from the tram ride.

Brushing and petting a goat in the petting zoo section. They didn't have many animals to pet but the girls didn't mind.


This is a prehistoric alligator from 15 million years ago. The info said he ate dinosaurs. Cool!

An alligator under water

Lions and tigers together

Todd & Paula on the tram.

Shawna and I also on the tram

To finish off the day we hit the ride section and let the girls blow $16 on rides.

They claim this was their favorite part of the zoo. haha












































1 comment:

Twenty Four At Heart said...

Lions and Tigers and Bears ... oh my! : )
Looks like a lot of fun!