Friday, June 26, 2009

MJ

Yesterday was bizarre. First Farrah Fawcet passes. Then, Michael Jackson dies of cardiac arrest. I felt bad for Farrah and her family that Michael was getting so much press and thereby foreshadowed, in my opinion, the respect she should have received. Farrah FOUGHT for her life. Not a little fight. I tough fight. Cancer sucks. She opened up to all of us by choosing to show how she wasn't going to give up or be a quitter when it came to her cancer. I respect that.

Michael on the other hand didn't do much in his later days to impress me. In fact, in the end I'm betting that his death was suicide by "accidental overdose".

In the 80's and early 90's he was the bomb. His music rocked and I, like many others, loved his music. But as he aged he got too strange for me. How much more plastic surgery could his face take? His nose was barely a nose anymore. Have you seen the latest pictures of his chin? OMG it's a butt.
I didn't approve of how he orchestrated his children and walked away w/ full custody from their mother. And lets not forget the pedophile court case.

Nope, in the later years MJ didn't do much to impress me. I'm sure now he'll be as popular as Elvis. Even Lisa Marie said Michael said as much to her in a conversation how when he dies he'll be like Elvis.

I can appreciate he was the King of Pop. I can appreciate he wanted and loved his kids and I hope his kids turn out okay. But the bottom line for me is in the end he was a disappointment. He could have been so much more.

No comments: