Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My birthday is almost here!

I'm a July 4th baby and love it. I'm a bit obnoxious about my birthday. I'm one of those people who wants everyone to know it's my birthday. You know, so I get acknowledged with lots of attention.

Having a July 4th birthday makes me special. I like being special. Who doesn't? As a child it wasn't always that great for parties since any time you wanted to have a party ON your birthday no one was around. That pretty much sucked ass. I'm actually still in therapy over it so let's move on.

My two daughters love that Mommy gets fireworks on her birthday and that everyone celebrates their mommy's birthday.

Of course, it's also easy to forget it's mommy's birthday when there is so much celebrating to be done. Bike parades & BBQ's. I have to plan for the holiday events by buying my girls new July 4th clothes so they look spirited in the bike parade. That's how you win the bike parade. The most spirited, by age groups, wins. We decorate their bikes, heads and bodies. Shawna has won twice and Paula zero. That does not go over well. If Paula would have just understand the concept and not argue with her parents and grandparents that the hat is too big and therefore she doesn't want to wear it, she too would have won. She gets it now.

Then after dinner we have birthday cake and everyone remembers again that it's my birthday.

I go to bed a year older, a year wiser and happy knowing my kids had the best time on my birthday.

No comments: