Thursday, July 16, 2009

WW update

Today is week 2 of my weight watchers plan. Last week my coworker/friend Tina and I started back on WW. In 2006 we were on it and I lost 22 lbs in 5 months. I reached Lifetime in 2007 which is when you stay at goal for 6 months. I did really well for almost 2 years total, then started letting my bad habits take over.

Today I weighed the same amount I did in 2006 when she and I started. 149. Last week I weighed 153!!!! I almost freaked when I saw that. But the good news is I lost 4 pounds! I knew I'd lost a pound in a week but I didn't think it was 4 pounds. I think most of it the weight was water weight from being bloated on the steroid Prednisone. Either way I'm thrilled. I'm only 5'3" so I can't afford to be that heavy. I've been told by doctors that I have a 100% chance of getting adult onset diabetes. I had gestational diabetes with both my pregnancies and in fact was on insulin w/my 2nd pregnancy where I had to give myself a shot 4 times a day. Not only that, but my brother is type 1 diabetic. They say the only thing I can do is stay healthy to prolong the disease.

Now the plan is continue losing. I'm going to Cabo in October with my really cute friend Kim and it's imperative that I look good. If the men just check & seek her out and ignore me I'm going to be devastated. It doesn't matter that I'm married and therefore not going to pursue them.

Why am I sharing my weight on a public blog? To stay accountable to myself and you. Every week on Thursday I'll post how I'm doing.

Alrighty then. I'm off to have some birthday cake for a co-worker. Just kidding!!! I won't eat the cake. I'll just look at it longingly.

No comments: