I posted this in Facebook so I figured I'd put it here too.
25 things about me:
1. Mashed potatoes are my all time favorite food on the plant, after chocolate of course.
2. When I was 20 years old I went hang gliding. It was amazing!
3. At age 5 my parents, baby brother and I were forced to stop our car & held up at gun point on Lawrence Expressway near Johnson Ave. The guy stole our car. The event was in the newspaper so I brought the article clipping to kindergarten for share day.
4. At age 6 I was almost kidnapped by a man in the Dilworth bus parking lot on a weekend day. He “showed” himself to me while in the front seat of his car after he'd talked to me so nicely I got inside of his car. My dad car chased the guy through Saratoga but lost him. Cops came to our house to make a report but he was never caught. Even now I see people who look like him but I’m never scared.
5. I adore nuns.
6. My favorite color is pink.
7. I’m spiritual, but not really religious.
8. I believe in angels, reincarnation, young and old souls, and ghosts.
9. My children attend a Catholic school.
10. I don’t mind snakes, lizards, and other reptiles. We even have a gopher snake named Snake. Spiders should live on another planet.
11. In high school I played field hockey and track & field. I grew up playing softball but opted not to continue when I learned I’d have to learn to slide in high school softball. I was afraid of sliding. I played adult co-ed softball for the SanDisk softball team at Twin Creeks but not for a couple years now.
12. It took me 5 years to get an AA and another 6 years to get my BS degree in business. Lack of enthusiasm was the general cause of delay.
13. I’ve known my husband since our junior year in high school. Late in our senior year and going forward we dated each other, as well as other people, on and off for several years. He eventually met and a married someone else in 1992. I never talked to him during those years, but his friends once told me he didn’t seem all that happy. In 1995 they separated. I had a “psychic” feeling for 2 weeks they’d ended so I called his mom and she confirmed. I sent him a Xmas card with my phone number. He called. He asked if someone put me up to contacting him because he’d been thinking about me for 2 weeks. We have been together ever since.
14. I wish I could read and play a musical instrument.
15. I can touch my nose with my tongue. (so can my youngest mini-me child)
16. I have bi-lateral knee caps. In my younger years they didn’t cause me problems, but now many activities having to do with sports or exercise cause me pain. When I go up stairs anyone around can hear my knees crack.
17. At De Anza College while getting my AA I took weight lifting classes. I was able to bench press my weight (125) and leg press double my weight. I can’t do that now!!
18. I’ve ridden in the back of a cop car. In our freshman year in high school Debbie Sheets and I were both taken to my house for getting caught drinking at age 14/15 in Regency Townhouse Complex at the pool. The cop also didn’t believe our last names were Coker & Sheets so we had to prove it by showing him our ASB cards!
19. I had gestational diabetes with both pregnancies. I actually required insulin for a month w/Shawna. I gave myself the shots in my stomach 4 times a day.
20. Sami the Psychic told me I was a Pioneer in my past life during the hardest of times. It explains why I hate manual labor. LOL
21. I’m a very quick reader. I can finish a 600+ page novel in 2 days.
22. I enjoy listening to certain types of books on CD. Generally non-fiction books narrated by the author.
23. My first job was at Kentucky Fried Chicken.
24. My parents have been married for 43 years, they still play tennis. My dad also golf’s.
25. If I could choose one super power I’d want to be able to fly.
- ► 2012 (24)
- ► 2011 (39)
- ► 2010 (19)
- ▼ February (5)
- ► 2008 (149)