This was sent to me. I don't feel like writing so I'm posting this instead.
Who knew? And at a dollar store you can get 1000 for a dollar!
Uses for Coffee Filters
1. Cover bowls or dishes when cooking in the microwave. Coffee filters make excellent covers.
2. Clean windows, mirrors, and chrome…Coffee filters are lint-free so they’ll leave windows sparkling.
3. Protect China by separating your good dishes with a filter between each dish.
4. Filter broken cork from wine. If you break the cork when opening a bottle, filter the fluid through a filter.
5. Protect a cast-iron skillet. Place a coffee filter in the skillet to absorb moisture and prevent rust.
6. Apply shoe polish. Ball u a lint-free coffee filter.
7. Recycle frying oil. After frying, strain oil through a sieve lined with a filter.
8. Weigh chopped foods. Place chopped ingredients in a filter on the scale.
9. Hold tacos. Coffee filters make convenient wrappers for messy foods.
10. Stop the soil from leaking out of a plant pot. Line the pot with a filter to prevent soil from going through the drainage holes.
11. Prevent a Popsicle from dripping. Poke a hole for the stick and let the leaks go into the filter.
13. Put a few in a plate and put your fried bacon, French fries, chicken fingers, popcorn, etc. It soaks out all the grease.
14. Keep in the bathroom. They make great ‘razor nick fixers.’
15. As a sewing backing, use a filter as an easy-to-tear backing for embroidering or appliqueing soft fabrics.
16. Put baking soda into a filter and insert into shoes or a closet to absorb or prevent odors.
17. Use them to strain soup stock and to tie fresh herbs in to put in soups and stews.
18. Use a filter to prevent spilling when you add fluids to your car.
19. Use them as a spoon rest while cooking and clean up small counter spills.
20. Use to hold dry ingredients when baking or when cutting a piece of fruit or veggies. Saves on having extra bowls to wash.
21. Use them to wrap Christmas ornaments for storage.
22. Use them to remove fingernail polish when out of cotton balls.
23. Use them to sprout seeds. Simply dampen the filter, place seeds inside, fold it and place it into a zip-lock bag until they sprout.
24. Use filters as blotting paper for pressed flowers. Place the flowers between two filters and put between pages in a phone book, or other heavy book.
25. Use as a disposable ‘snack bowl” for popcorn, chips, etc.
26. Use to wipe dirty head lights on the car during stormy weather.
27. Use to cover light bulbs when removing them.
28. Use to polish windows, mirrors or computer/tv screens
29. Use to polish chrome fixtures in bath or kitchen, after spraying with glass cleaner.
- ► 2012 (24)
- ▼ 2011 (39)
- ► 2010 (19)
- ► 2009 (86)
- ► 2008 (149)