Monday, June 30, 2008

Todd totally surprised me!

Todd totally surprised me this weekend with a surprise party for my 40th birthday. I didn't expect it at all. There were times thru the past few months that I thought something might happen, but at the end of the day I didn't think he'd pulled it off so I wasn't expecting it at all when Dina and Susanne and I drove up to my house after a day in Livermore wine tasting, to finding my closest friends and family waiting for me in my driveway! It was awesome.
The theme was Las Vegas. Todd had rented a craps table, hosted by our tax guy Larry and his wife. We had poker, 21, lots of great food and appetizers brought and made by Susan and some other friends. We had dancing (of course), and just overall the best time.

Another huge surprise was that Jeannie, my friend from grammer school who had another party to be at this weekend), located our old friend Aaron Maes from high school. Aaron walks up with Todd in my kitchen and it literally took me seconds to register it was him. The next day he came with his wife and 2 kids so I was able to meet them.

In another post I'll type out specifics of how my dear friends and family tricked me that day and months prior leading up the event, but for now look below for some of the pictures (I say some because we know he takes like a 1000) from that night.

2 comments:

Lyn said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I can't believe we live so close to each other and can't seem to get together more...I will see you in Vegas, right? It sounds like Todd has prepared you well for gambling... :) xoxox

Sandra said...

Thanks!
Actually I have a couple more days to bask in my 30's. My actual birthday isn't until Friday.
I'm not sure on Vegas. It will depend on a few things...one of them being finances!