Friday, September 10, 2010

Life is short

Last night and today I went to funeral services for a co-worker.  He was a 35 year old son, brother, cousin, nephew, friend, husband and new father.  I can't go into a lot of details because, well, I don't know many of them to be facts yet.  There is a lot of hush hush around what happened. I'm not so naive that I don't know what silence means when your talking about how someone died, but to know this guy you'd never believe it.  His wife spoke and referred to him many times as "sweet".  He was definitely sweet.  Always cared about others first. I sat in the same cubicle row with him for years. He and his wife adopted a son just 2 days old, who just recently turned 1 year old. 

I'm thinking a lot about mortality. Mine and my children's.  It's not fun. 

No comments: