Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Spell WHAT?

My company is having a Spelling Bee to raise money For the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Part of the arrangement is your supposed to donate a certain number of hours of vacation (4-16) to enter the Spelling Bee, which will then be donated to the cause.  Our company goal is $100K. 

My vacation hours are in the negative.  With all our shut down days in 2009 and 2010 as well as vacations in 2010 I can barely keep enough on the books. 

I guess there weren't a lot of participants so my friend running the event asked if I'd participate.  I'm sort of known around here as someone who gets involved. I was willing, but told her of my dilema of no vacation hours.  She offered to donate hours in my name.  Sweet! 

Unfortunately, I'm an okay speller but not great. They are kinda cheating and gave us the looong list of words in advance. On top of the list says "Beginner Words".  Hah!  Beginner words?!  I can read these words easily enough, but spell them?! I'm doomed.

I have one night to study, not that it will help. I'll be nervous in front of everyone and forget everything. 

At least it's for a good cause. 

No comments: