Friday, April 4, 2008

April already

I know I'm behind in posting. My girlfriend from childhood came out to visit me and we had a fun and busy week. I'll post about that later when I get more pictures downloaded.

I do have lots to post about though. Like how thanks to ATA airlines going bankrupt and canceling all flights as of Tuesday AM, I have now spent a total of $4K for my family to fly to and from Maui next month. That was exciting. We'll now be traveling in 2 planes each way opposed to the 1 each way I had arranged creating a longer day of travel. I'm just glad we got on new flights. I've made a case with Amex to get my money back for the cancelled flights. I used their Amex Travel system to buy the tickets and paid for them using my Amex card so I'm hopeful. Todd is optimistic and he's never optimistic. He's a true pessimist.

Speaking of Todd, my dear husband wanted his family to all come to my house this weekend for his dad's birthday. Now, don't get me wrong, I love his family. Most of them anyway. Well, maybe just a few. But I just had house guests for a week and was looking forward to a mellow weekend ALONE. Not to mention that I have 2 weeks of laundry to tackle this weekend, in addition to spending 5 hours volunteering for a Fun Run on Saturday morning for my daughters school where I have to be up and out of the house before 7am. So yeah, I don't want to do the family thing this weekend. Thankfully it's not happening. If it were I would escape to my friends house where I tend to hide out from my family. A lot.

Don't get me wrong, I mean, I love my family. Really. I mean, how can you not love small little cute blond girls who ask you every 5 minutes for a new food group to eat. And who doesn't want to say "Use your indoor voice" a dozen times a day, break up fights, listen to squealing and screaming, and tell your kids a million times a day to leave the dog alone. And who wouldn't want to hear the Hannah Montana show on the TV each and every time it's turned on because we really thought it was a good idea to Tivo each and every show so the girls could watch it any time they wanted and it turns out That's all the time. So yes, I love my family. Really.

2 comments:

Kate said...

You are funny! You'll be able to have a coherent though in 15 years when the house is quiet again. ;)

I didn't know that about your trip. That stinks! I must have missed what happened to that airline. Hopefully it will still be a fun trip with the extra leg of air travel.

I'm all for destressing, reorganizing, regrouping weekends. I live for the weekends these days because I feel so stressed out during the week and can't wait for some help so I can relax.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Sandra said...

Miss Kate,
I do not even know how you maintain your sanity with 4 children under the age of 7. I'd be in the looney bin by now.