Thursday, March 12, 2009

In honor of St. Patties day next week I went green on my template. Are you feeling the spirit?

So I have news! Huge news! So huge that I want to scream it from the rooftops. I'll have to scream it out into the Internet instead.

I reserved our timeshare in Cabo AND booked my airfare! Not only that, Todd isn't coming. Instead my friend Kim is coming w/me. A girls trip! Squealing with glee. Actually, she's meeting me there. She needs to take one airline due to free miles, while I'm taking another one for the same reason. Anything to save a buck.

We go in October. Right now October seems years away. I know it will be here before I know it, but I need a tropical vacation now. Yesterday in fact.

Yesterday the girls brought home report cards. Paula's was stellar. She just needs to work on her writing. Everything else was great. Shawna's on the other hand didn't go so well. Lots of needs improvement. Reading, writing, listening, participation. I'm not completely surprised. Although "needs improvement on participation in Music" was a surprise. What kid doesn't love music class? When I asked Shawna about it she said the songs are boring. I guess the kids raise their hands and pick songs they like. Many of the kids choose Christmas songs. Shawna raises her hand but doesn't gets picked. She wants a bird song. Either way I told her she needs to sing no matter what the song. I emailed her teacher too, for guidance. Shawna is in tutoring once a week. I'm not sure that will fix the problem. She'll also have summer school so that should help. I reminded her teacher that dyslexia runs in Todd's family. The fact she needed glasses didn't help either. Am I grasping? Yes. When kid #2 is so different from kid #1 I have to wonder if it's anything else other than just slower learner vs. fast learner. I'm fine either way, I just want to know the reason.

Did anyone else notice it seemed like a full moon last night when in fact, the 10th was a new moon?

No comments: