Thursday, March 19, 2009

We be ill'n

Shawna is sick again. She woke up Wednesday with a fever of 102.7 F but no other symptoms until today. Today she's coughing, sneezing, a major snot production company and still has a low fever. I brought her to Kathy's house today (sister in law) so I could come to work. Now that I'm not allowed to work from home (stupid new rule w/my new manager) I need to reserve as many PTO days as possible for my vacation to Cabo and all the company shut downs they have planned. Plus, when you give Shawna cold meds she's pretty much fine. Tomorrow I'm not sure what we'll do. I told Todd it's his turn to stay home. Kathy can't watch Shawna tomorrow. I'm basically trying to utilize my village.

Switching gears. I've taken 2 life insurance classes so far for my new part-time job. They're long (4 hours) with a total of 8 classes. The teacher, the Chad Meister (what he calls himself), is entertaining us (32 students) so it's not too bad. These are California regulated classes that you must take to get certified. Once certified I can schedule the exam in San Francisco. I have to present the certification at the time of the exam. These classes and the test are all free btw. The company I'm working for pays for it all. Sweet!

That's all for today.

No comments: