Tuesday, April 14, 2009

For Madeline Alice Spohr

Even before I started this blog I had 2 blogs listed in my Favorites. One is The Spohrs Are Multiplying.... and the other is The Newborn Identity. The first blog belongs to Heather Spohr who started her blog to chronicle her preemie daughter's life. The second blog belongs to Mike Spohr, who was a SAHD to their daughter Madeline. I can't even fathom this, but sadly, Madeline died unexpectedly on April 7th. Today is the funeral.


I never knew either one of these people, nor did I know their daughter. Not personally anyway, but I did know them. I know them like we know anyone thru a blog. I know them better than I know some of my RL acquaintances.


There is an LA Times Article on Madeline Spohr. If you Google Madeline Spohr you will see hundreds of thousands of blog entries on the sadness we're all feeling.


Before Maddie died, Heather had planned on marching for the March Of Dimes in honor of her sweet darling girl. After the news of her passing over $20,000 was donated in memory and honor of sweet Madeline and over 30 new teams have formed in the spirit of this beautiful child.


I'm so sad for Heather & Mike and their family. So sad.


No comments: