Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Rental Dog

I'm happy to report that I did not, I repeat NOT, qualify for the bad mom award this week.
Paula and Shawna love love love camp. I'm so relieved.

Did I mention we're getting a foster dog? Well, it's not 100% guaranteed yet, but I've volunteered to take in a foster dog. Or be a foster parent to a dog. What is the right way to say that? My yard was already inspected and approved. Tonight a lady comes over to interview me. Paula is worried because they have to interview us and maybe she'll decide we're not a good family. I'm not too worried.

My largest fear is that we become attached to "rental dog" (as Paula puts it) and choose to keep it. My plan is truly to just foster the dog until the right family (not mine!) comes along and he/she goes to live in his/her forever home.

Maybe I'm crazy. Well, let's not go there. But maybe I shouldn't do this. What am I thinking? My kids will fall in love and I'll be stuck with "rental dog." Like in Marlee & Me. He was "clearance puppy". Look what happened there! I'm SO in trouble.

No comments: