Monday, March 10, 2008

She's SEVEN

I wrote this when Paula was a baby. I'd forgotten about some of it.

Okay, this is a long one about me and my Miss Paula.

[b]how was your pregnancy? [/b] My pregnancy was okay. Morning sickness from 6-14 weeks :pukey Had a pain in my lower back for most of it too. Retained water like crazy but I loved being pregnant and can't wait to do it again. :smile
I was diagnosed with G. Diabetes but my Dr office never called me w/results so after 2 weeks I figured I didn't have it. Turns out I did! Had to schedule 3 hr GTT which took another week cuz the labs were booked. Took another 2 weeks to get in with the nutritionist and GD nurse. Although I was being careful about what I ate I did not have the exact menu so my uterus grew and grew and so did my baby.

[b]I see she was early, how was she at birth? [/b]At my 34 week appt I was doing great. Uterus measured bigger than average but no big deal. Gained 24 lbs up to this point. I did not have an internal yet..that would be done at next appt. After appt Dh and I went to dinner and walked around the neighborhood (a must for GD). I came home and pee'd. Noticed that my water broke :eek Got scared and we went ER. They took me up to L&D, hooked me up to the monitor and gave me antibiotic for strep cuz I was never tested...that would be done at next appt which never came :smile ). 4 hours later I got the epi :smile and a few hours later she arrived. Her apgars were 9 & 9 and she was crying which was good news. She was 5lb 8oz (big for a 34 weeker). She and I both had fevers (maybe from strep) and they carted her off the NICU. They had to ventilate her. :sad My hospital only had a level 2 NICU so she had to go to Stanford overnight. I was alone in my room w/out my baby :sad Dh went w/my parents to the other hospital a few hours later and brought back video. :smile I've attached a picture of when she was at Stanford and then when we got to hold her the day she came back.
She had acid reflux and was having apnea w/low SO2 and heart rate. It took awhile for the Reglan and Zantac to do their thing. After 16 days she came home on a monitor. :D

[b]Whats she doing now?[/b] She's a thriving Almost 1 year old! She's off all meds as of Friday! :vhappy She's crawling, walks if you hold her hands, says mama, dada, says the ck sound for cat, waves hello, bye, claps her hands. She's a blast.

I don't think I left anything out. Oh yeah...at 3 mos she got a UTI which landed her in the Pedi ward for 4 days. :sad I've had my share of hospitals now. She gets an RSV shot each month. Basically she hates the Dr's office and I don't blame her. My office knows my last name by heart if I just say "Paula"! Pretty sad since there are 5 doctors in her office and the receptionist answers for all of them! :LOL

I'm 33 yrs old and dh is 34. We're going to start TTC very soon. Like next month! :eek


Okay...I'm done now. Whew! Let me know if you have any questions. I write a little scatterbrained sometimes! :LOL

Paula in the NICU at Stanford and us holding for the first time.



16 days old: The day she came home



Paula Now (she's on the left)





I LOVE YOU MISS P!

1 comment:

kspt1999 said...

Look how sweet and cuddly she was! I imagine that situation was scary and stressful. I can't even imagine. But you made it through. And went on to have another kid.

You and T look so young in these pictures. Like young kids. Can you believe it's been 7 years?