Tuesday, January 15, 2008

1st grade project

Right now in social studies Paula is learning about neighborhoods. They have to do a school project which includes building a map using a 1'x1' foam board. They can use milk cartons, popsicle sticks, legos etc, just have a legend, NSEW and street signs and have to have 3 large items like a house, building etc. Um.......who do you think is really going to be doing this project!!!!
Todd is emailing me with tons of HO products from his hobby store. We could buy all the items like homes, train tracks, water tower for this map for about $100. LOL
We live near train country so it does actually work for us. I told him too expensive so now he thinks he'll just get the little stuff and Paula can make the rest.
This is due next Wed so we need to get moving. I just think it's funny because when I saw these maps last year at open house I thought some were way too fancy to be done by the kids. Now I now why!

No comments:

Blog Archive